Happy Sunday everyone!
What are you up to today?
I’ve been thinking lately, happiness is a very weird thing. We seem to chase it, but somehow we never catch it. It’s like the leprechaun’s pot of gold. Nevertheless, I refuse to accept that it is just an illusion. What if it’s a way of life? What if every day we go past many opportunities to be happy, but we never seize them? I say, let’s be happy right at this moment! So here’s a 5 ways to instantly lift your spirits!
- Throw an impromptu dance party. Music seems to make everything better, so spin wildly around your room with loud music and you’re guaranteed to feel gigglier. For even better results, you can make a playlist on YouTube so you can have it handy at any time.
- Take a walk in the nature. We are nature, so the closer to it the better. The fresh air will make your head clear and make you see things from a different perspective. You can walk, run, waddle and what not and at the end you will have a big smile on your face.
- Throw confetti around. Literally and metaphorically. If you choose to do it literally, then I suggest you find the shiniest confetti of all! Throw it in the air and pretend you are in a disco party. Have you ever seen a sad disco dancer? I certainly have not! If you want to go the metaphorical way, then all you have to keep in mind is that smiles are like confetti. The more you smile the happier you’ll be in life and chances are that you will make people around you happy as well!
- Reorganize a drawer or your closet. Chaos means sadness so you can simply put an end to it. You can go for small or go for big changes. Doesn’t matter either way. You can also try to make your closet of the entire house a little less crowded by following the minimalist road. The sense of content at the end will have you smiling!
- Take a warm bath. Our body, mind and soul are all tightly connected to each other and we often forget how caring for our body can make our mind and soul feel better. So, choose your favorite scented shower gel and get to it!
- Bonus: Cuddle a puppy! Need I say more?
Be happy loves!
Today is a rather relaxed day for me, so spending the day at home means pampering and reading.
I’ve been really enjoying the #GIRLBOSS book by Sophia Amoruso. It seems to be appearing in almost every Instagram account I follow, but trust me it’s very inspirational! If you want to be inspired from page 1, then go get it!
This lovely canvas pouch is from Forever 21 and it’s more than enough to make me daydream of Manhattan while on-the-go!
The Shea Butter from L’occitane is a miracle worker. It’s so nourishing, you can use it from dry lips to minor cuts and any dry skin areas. Thanks to its compact size I can have it always with me and a little goes a long way. Plus, it’s certified organic!
And you can never go wrong with the Black Vanilla spray from Zara Home, can you? It’s the more rich and at the same time calming scent you could possibly use in a bedroom. Just a couple of spritzes over the linens and the whole room becomes your own private paradise!
What are your favorites? Any special Sunday rituals?
talk to you soon!
It is a fact. A big cup of coffee can make your morning instantly better! So here’s me enjoying my double cappuccino before I go have my hair done. It’s the simple things in life, isn’t it? What are your simple pleasures?
Hello! Venetia here. This will be a fun little lifestyle blog with a (possibly big) dose of caffeine. Talk to you soon!