Fall is my favorite season. I love that it is not too warm and I feel connected to nature more than during any other season. This week I’m loving warm earthy tones of sand brown, grey and black. They make me feel very cozy. This is pretty much what I always have with me. Pencils, a notebook, a neutral matte lipstick, all in my black bag and coffee in my hand! Remember that now is the season to invest in a warm blanket, that will be also useful as a bad throw or a couch companion when reading. I think, that a knitted one is perfect.
If you like to stay at home on cloudy Sundays, like I do, then grab your coffee and relax with happy music. What I usually do, is grab a book or a notebook and go to my favorite spot on the couch. I listen to music and play with my dog or I make endless lists!
Here’s a favorite playlist of mine:
- Helena Beat – Foster the people
- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros – Home
- Yael Naim – New soul
- Ingrid Michaelson – You and I
- Mindy Gledhill – I do adore
- Lenka – Everything is Ok
- Paper Lions – Travelling
- Regina Spektor – Two birds
Caution : they may make you want to hug everything around you. Proceed with care!
Good morning! And also, happy Fall season!
The closer we get to the rainy season, the more cozy I want to make my bedroom. So, what better way to start than with a pillow mist? It combines aromatherapy with calm sleep, so yes!
You will need:
- Lavender essential oil (or any fragrance you like)
- Distilled water
- A spray bottle (any size will do)
- Some cute stickers (instant flair!)
Open your spray bottle and carefully pour in some drops of the lavender essential oil. Don’t overdo it, just 5-6 drops are enough. I prefer lavender, because it’s the most calming fragrance (for my taste), but you can also use chamomile or lemongrass. Then, fill the rest of the bottle with distilled water and add some stickers. Give it a good shake and ready! Piece of cake!
Now you are ready to make your linens and your pillow smell like heaven! Just remember to always shake the bottle before use and that 1-2 spritzes are enough.
Also, don’t try it on your dog. Mine was skeptical even with the photo making process. *Photobomb*
Let me know if you’ve tried making a pillow mist! Did you like the result?
Happy Sunday everyone!
What are you up to today?
I’ve been thinking lately, happiness is a very weird thing. We seem to chase it, but somehow we never catch it. It’s like the leprechaun’s pot of gold. Nevertheless, I refuse to accept that it is just an illusion. What if it’s a way of life? What if every day we go past many opportunities to be happy, but we never seize them? I say, let’s be happy right at this moment! So here’s a 5 ways to instantly lift your spirits!
- Throw an impromptu dance party. Music seems to make everything better, so spin wildly around your room with loud music and you’re guaranteed to feel gigglier. For even better results, you can make a playlist on YouTube so you can have it handy at any time.
- Take a walk in the nature. We are nature, so the closer to it the better. The fresh air will make your head clear and make you see things from a different perspective. You can walk, run, waddle and what not and at the end you will have a big smile on your face.
- Throw confetti around. Literally and metaphorically. If you choose to do it literally, then I suggest you find the shiniest confetti of all! Throw it in the air and pretend you are in a disco party. Have you ever seen a sad disco dancer? I certainly have not! If you want to go the metaphorical way, then all you have to keep in mind is that smiles are like confetti. The more you smile the happier you’ll be in life and chances are that you will make people around you happy as well!
- Reorganize a drawer or your closet. Chaos means sadness so you can simply put an end to it. You can go for small or go for big changes. Doesn’t matter either way. You can also try to make your closet of the entire house a little less crowded by following the minimalist road. The sense of content at the end will have you smiling!
- Take a warm bath. Our body, mind and soul are all tightly connected to each other and we often forget how caring for our body can make our mind and soul feel better. So, choose your favorite scented shower gel and get to it!
- Bonus: Cuddle a puppy! Need I say more?
Be happy loves!