Hi dears! Today I’m back with a new post and I’ve decided to show what I have in my bag currently. I’m usually very chaotic about what I carry but lately I’ve been in a minimalize-all mood and my bag’s contents were no exception!
I always carry this black backpack and honestly thank goodness they’re back in style, because backpacks are the easiest thing to carry around. This one may be small but it can fit a lot inside! What you see is what I have with me on a daily basis.
- My current favorite book, How to be Parisian wherever you are (by Caroline de Maigret)
- A watch by Daniel Wellington
- My iPad mini
- Keys with a fluffy fur pon pon
- Sunglasses by Stradivarius
- Wallet by Stradivarius
- A small makeup bag with some essentials like a mirror, lip balm and lipstick, hand cream and sanitizer, random hair clips and moisturizer samples and, of course, tweezers!
- A pair of earbuds by Tally Weijl
- My Filofax planner and a pen
It’s pretty much the basics and they don’t tend to change a lot.
What do you tend to carry around? Leave me comment!
If you like to stay at home on cloudy Sundays, like I do, then grab your coffee and relax with happy music. What I usually do, is grab a book or a notebook and go to my favorite spot on the couch. I listen to music and play with my dog or I make endless lists!
Here’s a favorite playlist of mine:
- Helena Beat – Foster the people
- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros – Home
- Yael Naim – New soul
- Ingrid Michaelson – You and I
- Mindy Gledhill – I do adore
- Lenka – Everything is Ok
- Paper Lions – Travelling
- Regina Spektor – Two birds
Caution : they may make you want to hug everything around you. Proceed with care!
I’ve been thinking lately, happiness is a very weird thing. We seem to chase it, but somehow we never catch it. It’s like the leprechaun’s pot of gold. Nevertheless, I refuse to accept that it is just an illusion. What if it’s a way of life? What if every day we go past many opportunities to be happy, but we never seize them? I say, let’s be happy right at this moment! So here’s a 5 ways to instantly lift your spirits!
- Throw an impromptu dance party. Music seems to make everything better, so spin wildly around your room with loud music and you’re guaranteed to feel gigglier. For even better results, you can make a playlist on YouTube so you can have it handy at any time.
- Take a walk in the nature. We are nature, so the closer to it the better. The fresh air will make your head clear and make you see things from a different perspective. You can walk, run, waddle and what not and at the end you will have a big smile on your face.
- Throw confetti around. Literally and metaphorically. If you choose to do it literally, then I suggest you find the shiniest confetti of all! Throw it in the air and pretend you are in a disco party. Have you ever seen a sad disco dancer? I certainly have not! If you want to go the metaphorical way, then all you have to keep in mind is that smiles are like confetti. The more you smile the happier you’ll be in life and chances are that you will make people around you happy as well!
- Reorganize a drawer or your closet. Chaos means sadness so you can simply put an end to it. You can go for small or go for big changes. Doesn’t matter either way. You can also try to make your closet of the entire house a little less crowded by following the minimalist road. The sense of content at the end will have you smiling!
- Take a warm bath. Our body, mind and soul are all tightly connected to each other and we often forget how caring for our body can make our mind and soul feel better. So, choose your favorite scented shower gel and get to it!
- Bonus: Cuddle a puppy! Need I say more?
Be happy loves!